From the Philippine Information Agency (Oct 30): Army will not condone violations of ROE
The Armed Forces will not condone any acts of violations by its soldiers particularly in rules-of-engagement (ROE). This as the army has recalled its soldiers involved in the deadly October 18 clash in Kiblawan, Davao del Sur. The clash killed three civilians, a woman and two of her teenage sons when soldiers under the Bravo Company of the 27th Infantry Battalion raided a village in Kiblawan Town in Davao del Sur following reports of the presence of an armed group led by Daquil Capeon. The three killed were the wife and children of the armed group leader. Colonel Leopoldo Galon group commander of the 5th Civil Relations Group of the Eastern Mindanao Command said that the soldiers involved including the battalion commander Lt. Colonel Noel Alexis Bravo had been recalled to the headquarters of their mother unit the 10th Infantry Division based in Mawab Compostela Valley. Galon said that soldiers will be undergoing preliminary investigation where the findings can be a basis for court martial and will also be submitted to proper government agencies such as the courts.