From the Daily Express (Aug 8): Esscom issues list of those wanted for kidnappings
Kota Kinabalu: The Eastern Sabah Security Command (Esscom) has refreshed the list of names wanted for cross-border crimes and a series of kidnappings in the State.
The names include those of the notorious Muktadil brothers – Nelson @ Nikson, Braun @ Brown, Badong, Bocoi @ Black and Khadafi – as well as Salip Sosong @ Mohammad Apsa Abdulla, Ali@ Brown, and Manajan @ Marajan. They were released during a meeting with business operators in east coast Semporna on Thursday night.
Esscom Commander Datuk Abdul Rashid Harun urged anyone who knows of the whereabouts of these people to immediately contact Esscom's operations room at 089-863181 or send a WhatsApp message to 013-5559410. Earlier last year, Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman had also issued a wanted list to facilitate in investigations pertaining to kidnappings and other crimes.
According to police, Nikson had lived in Kg Bangau-Bangau and was believed to have been involved in the April 2, 2014 Singgamata kidnapping of Chinese tourist, Gao Huayun, 29, and Filipino worker Marcy Darawan, 40.
Nikson and his brother Badong @ Adzmil Muktadir are believed to command over 40 men for their kidnap for ransom activities and they have four boats equipped with 40HP to 70HP outboard engines.
The brothers are also believed to be involved in four kidnapping incidents, with the last involving the shooting dead of a marine policeman and kidnapping of another policeman on July 12 last year.
Meanwhile, operators of tourism centres in the Eastern Sabah Security Zone (Esszone) have been advised to be cautious and always be ready to face cross-border criminal threats.
Abdul Rashid said this was because the cross-border criminals, said to be responsible for the kidnapping cases in Esszone, were believed to be still active and waiting for an opportunity to strike.
"That is why I am asking resort operators, especially in Semporna, to always be cautious, to not employ foreigners who do not possess valid documents...we do not want these workers to become the henchmen for the criminals.
"The kidnapping case at the Ocean King Restaurant in Sandakan should be a lesson to us all. Although there has been no kidnapping case in waters off Semporna, Kunak and Lahad Datu for a year we should not be complacent," he added.
Also present at the meeting were Semporna District Officer Dr Chaco Bullah, Esscom Deputy Commander Datuk Md Rahim Mohamad and Esscom Director (Sea Component) First Admiral M. Karunanithi.
Also present during the meeting were MILF 1st Vice Chairman Ghazali Jaafar and other members of the MILF Central Committee.
Chairman Al Haj Murad warmly welcome the Malaysian delegation and expressed appreciation for their coming to Mindanao and at Camp Darapanan.
In the course of their conversation, the Malaysian Ambassador reiterated his government’s strong commitment and support to the peace process; to continue acting as peace process facilitator and head of the IMT as long as both parties need it; to continue extending to the Bangsamoro and Filipino People in general their assistance in the field of education and human resource development (HRD) through their institutions and programs like the MTCP, GIATMARA and others; to assist in developing the economy through inviting and encouraging private investors to invest in the Bangsamoro and other parts of the country; expressed hope and prayers for the early passage of the Bangsamoro Basic Law(BBL) that is acceptable to all parties and the Bangsamoro people; and to continue to monitor the situation and progress of the peace process.
Chairman Al Haj Murad expressed the Moro Front’s and the Moro peoples’ gratitude to the active participation of the Malaysian Government in the peace process vis a vis, facilitating the peace talks; heading the IMT as well as extending educational and human resource development training to selected Moro individuals particularly on capacity building, etc.
These capacity building programs being extended to Moro participants in Malaysia are in preparation for the upcoming establishment of the Bangsamoro new political entity once the BBL is passed by congress and ratified by the people in proposed areas of Bangsamoro in a plebiscite.
The two Chambers of Congress are yet to come up with a final version of the Bangsamoro Law seen to resolve the decades-old Bangsamoro Problem/ and or question.
The proposed law is still pending in congress with no clear timetable for its passage. The MILF, the GPH Peace panel, as well as prominent individuals including influential Cotabato Archbishop Orlando Cardinal Quevedo, CSO’s and NGO’s supportive of the peace process; and the Bangsamoro people have urged congress to pass the original version of the proposed law agreed between President Benigno Aquino II and the MILF submitted to congress on September 10, 2014, based on the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro (FAB) and the Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro (CAB).