CITY OF SAN FERNANDO — President Duterte has brought to Central Luzon his “whole-of-nation” approach in ending the insurgency.
Executive Order No. 70 established the new approach.
Led by presidential peace adviser Carlito Galvez, the body called Cabinet Officer for Regional Development and Security (Cords) met in this Pampanga capital on Wednesday.
In a statement by the Office of Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process, Galvez said Duterte tasked 16 Cabinet members to oversee Cords, which was created on May 6.
Galvez said the cabinet officials would “assist the President in the speedy, efficient and orderly resolution of problems in government operations.”
The first meeting gathered top officials of the military, police, and line agencies to synchronize their efforts to “eradicate the threat of insurgent group.”
Galvez explained that the whole-of-nation approach came after President terminated the peace talks with the Communist Party of the Philippines, its front, and military arm, the New People’s Army.
So far, the towns of Doña Remedios Trinidad in Bulacan and Carranglan in Nueva Ecija have pioneered in declaring the communist rebels persona non grata (unwelcome persons) last March.