From the Philippine News Agency (Jan 27, 2019): Man with grenade launcher nabbed in Sultan Kudarat
SEIZED. The grenade launcher recovered from suspect Noel Agduma macho, a resident of Barangay Didtaraz, Lambayong, Sultan Kudarat, during a law enforcement operation by government troopers on Saturday (Jan. 26). (Photo by 6th ID)
CAMP SIONGCO, Maguindanao -- Government forces seized a grenade launcher during the conduct of a law enforcement operation early Saturday in Lambayong, Sultan Kudarat, the Army said.
The soldiers quickly responded to a civilian report about a man in Barangay Didtaraz, Lambayong, who had been keeping a home-made M-79 grenade launcher.
Maj. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana, commander of the Army’s 6th Infantry Division, said troops of the 2nd Mechanized Infantry Battalion retrieved the grenade launcher at 4:30 a.m. from the house of Noel Agduma Macho, a local resident.
Macho, who did not resist arrest, has undergone custodial debriefing and was later turned over to the local police for the filing of appropriate charges.
“The aggressive drive against unlicensed guns is in response to President Duterte's campaign against criminality,” Sobejana said.
“The pro-active measures we have been conducting through clearing operation with the help of the communities’ preempted terroristic activities of criminals and extremist groups,” he added, as he commended Lt. Col. Alvin Iyog, 2nd Mechanized Infantry Battalion commander, for this accomplishment.