From DWDD AFP Civil Relations Service Radio Website (Aug 1): Reasons why NPA rebels opted to go back to the mainstream society
– No support given to their family
– Constant physical, mental, and emotional weariness as well as hunger due to endless day
and night movement that they have to endure to evade the military.
– Disillusionment on the cause of the armed struggles. There is no ideology to speak of;
they are just being used for a senseless cause that targets to benefit just a few NPA leaders
– Scandal, sexual harassments, and abuses between and among members and leaders
– Unfulfilled promises by the NPA leadership
– They want to go back to their normal and peaceful lives together with their families.
– They want to give their children a brighter future.
– Some of them influences through Newsmedia, Radio, and Awareness Drives;
– Government’s Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP)
The Armed Forces of the Philippines will remain steadfast in neutralizing those who remain with their useless cause with the NPA terrorists group. CRSAFP / MCAG