From the Philippine News Agency (Mar 4): Gunmen seize couple in Zambo Norte; pursuit operation underway
Government troops are tracking down the whereabouts of a farmer-couple abducted by gunmen in the nearby province of Zamboanga del Norte.
Sr. Supt. Edwin Buenaventura Wagan, Zamboanga del Norte police director, said Saturday that joint police and Army special forces were immediately sent to locate and rescue the victims, identified as Jose Duterte, 62, and his wife, Jessica, 52, of Barangay Santa Maria, Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte.
Wagan said they were seized from their residence by seven gunmen at about 7:45 p.m. Friday.
He said the victims were having conversation when suddenly the gunmen, clad in bonnet masks and police uniforms, arrived and seized them.
He said the victims were forced to board a waiting speedboat that sped off to the high seas.
Wagan has ordered police forces in towns near Zamboanga del Norte to help locate the whereabouts and to rescue the couple.
He said no one has so far claimed responsibility for the incident.