Anti-US military propaganda statement posted to the BAYAN Website (Jun 11): On US military intervention in Marawi
June 11, 2017
Reference: Renato M. Reyes, Jr. BAYAN secretary general
We oppose US meddling and intervention in the Marawi crisis. The US still has a lot to answer for when it comes to the people of Mindanao. No less than Pres. Duterte explained this before. However, their participation in the conflict contradicts Duterte’s earlier pronouncements on an independent foreign policy.
Here are 5 questions on the US role in Marawi:
1. Did the US provide the intel on Isnilon Hapilon and the Maute Group which was used by the AFP in conducting the botched arrest that sparked the Marawi crisis?
2. Did the US urge the AFP to carry out the arreest of Hapilon at the exact time Duterte was in Russia, with the knowledge that things may get out of hand and affect Duterte’s Russia trip?
3. If the US used ISIS against the Assad regime in Syria, what makes the US effective against an ISIS-inspired group in the Philippines?
4. Prior to the crisis, what role did the US troops in Marawi City play?
5. Did President Duterte formally request US intervention in the Marawi crisis?
The Duterte regime has backtracked on its vow to remove foreign troops from PH soil and has now allowed foreign intervention in a domestic issue. There will be serious repercussions.