From the Philippine Star (Aug 17, 2019): 3 dead in Negros gun attacks
Three persons were killed in gun attacks in Negros on Thursday.
Police said Grade 11 student Joshua Philip Partosa, 20, and his siblings were on their way to school when he was shot by motorcycle-riding men in Purok 2, Barangay Bolocboloc, Sibulan, Negros Oriental.
Partosa reportedly managed to run but the gunmen chased him and fired more shots. One of the suspects also stabbed the student in the neck.
In Negros Occidental, barangay kagawad Raul Fat of Macagahay, Moises Padilla was shot by suspected New People’s Army rebels in the barangay hall.
Five bullet shells for a caliber .45 pistol were recovered at the scene.
Former village councilman Fernando Toreno was shot by unidentified men in a red Ford Everest in Barangay Kumaliskis, Salvador Benedicto, also in Negros Occidental.
Three persons of interest in the killing of Toreno, identified as Armando Larida, his cousin George and Junever Nuñez were collared at a checkpoint in Barangay Rizal, San Carlos City.
Col. Romeo Baleros, Negros Occidental police director, said Larida yielded a caliber .45 pistol and five magazines with ammunition.
Last month, 21 people were killed in shootings in Negros Oriental in 10 days.