Information Bureau | Communist Party of the Philippines
June 30, 2018
The Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) today said “it is highly probable” that Duterte will not be able to complete his term as his acts have resulted in his regime’s rapid and extreme isolation from the people. The CPP isssued this statement as Duterte marks his second year in office today.
“In less than two years, he has become isolated domestically and internationally. Thus, there is high probability that Duterte will not be able to complete his six-year term of office and will be forced out of Malacañang by way of a surge in anti-fascist protest actions or some other means. Far weaker than the Marcos dictatorship, the US-Duterte regime will likely be ousted in a shorter period of time,” the CPP said.“Everyday, the clamor for his ouster grows loud and reverberates across the country. In his drive to accelerate his bureaucrat capitalist plunder and establish his autocratic rule, his regime has exercised hostile moves that subjected the Filipino people to deepening crisis and oppression,” the CPP stressed.
The CPP explained thar Duterte has antagonized the broad democratic sectors in so many levels – from forcing the passage and implementation of the reviled Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN), that has spiked prices to levels that ordinary Filipinos cannot afford, down to the relentless fascist attacks against the people, both in the countryside and in the cities through a series of tyrannical operation plans including “Tokhang,” “Tanggal-Tambay,” and the bloody counterinsurgency Oplan Kapayapaan.
“His regime has attacked the people in almost every level possible. He has alienated himself from the Filipino people, not only with his killing campaign, but also with his corruption in government contracts for infrastructure projects;
- his refusal to heed the demand of workers for wage increases and to end contractualization;
- his use of police force to suppress workers strikes;
- his contempt for millions of homeless people and threats of violence against them;
- his indifference to the plight of hundreds of thousands of jeepney drivers;
- his narcissism and misogyny; his bigotry against the religious;
- his war of destruction in Marawi and the continuing military offensives against the Moro people to seize control and establish dominance over the Bangsamoro; and so on,” the CPP explained.
“With every exercise of absolute power, he invites hostility and incites more people to resist his heightening autocratic rule and plans to impose nationwide martial law and establish a fascist dictatorship. In the face of all these, the Filipino people are increasingly determined to push for Duterte’s resignation or removal by any means, at the soonest possible time,” the CPP stressed.###