The chief of the Southern Luzon Command (SolCOM)) announced on Tuesday that military units in Albay will be playing a key role in the forced evacuation to be implemented in the environs of
"Forced evacuation will start in 60 barangays within the five to eight kilometers danger zone," Major Gen. Ricardo Visayas said.
An estimated 10,000 families are expected to be moved out Tuesday night, he added.
Visaya said the 9th Infantry Division's 901st Infantry Brigade is the unit spearheading the activity.
Col. Raul Fornacio is the 901st Infantry Brigade commander.
An initial 50 trucks are being prepared for this effort.
"So far, there is no recorded opposition to the plan. Likewise, two UH-1H helicopters departed at HTOG5,
In raising the volcano's alert status to Level 3 at 10 p.m. Monday, Phivolcs said:
“It is recommended that the six-kilometer radius Permanent Danger Zone (PDZ) around the volcano and the 7-km Extended Danger Zone (EDZ) on the southeastern flank be enforced due to the danger of rock falls, landslides and sudden explosions or dome collapse that may generate hazardous volcanic flows."