From the Philippine News Agency (Jun 13): Troops told to keep hitting BIFF: AFP official
Military units now conducting operations against the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) in Maguindanao are ordered to keep on hitting the terrorist group.
"(Sustain operations against the) BIFF until hindi na sila makapag-conduct ng (they can no longer conduct) counter-offensive and offensive operations," Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) public affairs office chief Col. Noel Detoyato said Tuesday.
He added that this order was given by AFP chief-of-staff Gen. Carlito Galvez, Jr. Also, military commanders are ordered to ensure that every operation will result in the ejectment of BIFF in areas where operation are being held.
"Binigyan niya ang mga commanders ng mga (He has given commanders) operational goals and standards na dapat may naki-clear kayo na mga areas (that there must be areas that are cleared in) every operation, so ang ginagawa nya dapat may (so there must be an) extra push towards operations, extra push towards the positive contribution to the AFP mission, ang AFP mission is to clear all security threats, defeat pero (but), while it is being done, meron ding (there must also be) peace efforts," Detoyato added.
Operations against the BIFF started last June 10 after military units bombed suspected terrorist positions, including an improvised explosive device factory near the Linguasan Marsh, Maguindanao.
Military operations have so far neutralized dozens of the BIFF while wounding an undetermined number.