From ABS-CBN (Oct 6): No shoot-to-kill order vs Misuari - Palace
Malacanang is not in favor of a shoot-to-kill order against Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) leader Nur Misuari, who remains elusive days after the Zamboanga City siege ended.
“We do not certainly abide by the shoot on sight or ‘yung shoot-to-kill order. So I will leave the rest [of the plans] to the [Philippine National Police] on the ground,” deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte told radio dzRB.
She confirmed, however, that military troops are now guarding closely the exit routes that Misuari may use to escape the country.
“Kasama, siyempre, sa kanilang paghahanda at sa kanilang pagpaplano ‘yung pag-iisip ‘nung mga posibleng maging susunod na hakbang kaya ina-anticipate po din nila ‘yung ganitong mga bagay,” she said.
Asked if the government has already asked the help of Malaysia in case Misuari plans to go there, she said the matter has not been discussed as efforts have been concentrated on the local front.
The Palace last week announced an end to the siege although clearing operations continue. As a result, more soldiers and rebels have died.
Humanitarian operations also continue. Zamboanga City was also inundated due to non-stop rains last week.