From the Philippine News Agency (Nov 30): Raps filed vs. Satur Ocampo, 17 others
Former Bayan Muna party-list Rep. Satur Ocampo, ACT Teachers party-list Rep. France Castro and 16 others were charged Thursday for allegedly holding minors during a solidarity mission in Davao del Norte.
Authorities filed violation of Republic Act 7610 or the "Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act" before the Tagum City Prosecutor’s Office against Ocampo, Castro, the school administrator and nine teachers and of the Salugpungan Community Learning Center (SCLC), two staff of the ACT-Teachers and three pastors of the United Church of Christ of the Philippines (UCCP) and one of the United Methodist church.
They allegedly held 14 minors without the consent of their parents and permit from the Municipal Social Welfare Office.
Ocampo and Castro were reportedly part of a humanitarian mission in Talaingod, Davao del Norte on Wednesday. The two, together with the children, teachers and church leaders on board five vans, were flagged down by police at past 9 p.m on Wednesday.
A report from the 1003rd Brigade said that when the vehicles were inspected, there were about 74 persons, including minors. The minors were immediately released through the municipal social worker.
The report said authorities have coordinated with other provinces for the minors who are not from the province.
Aside from Ocampo and Castro, the following persons were also charged:
1. Meggie Nolasco - Administrator, SLCLC
2. Pastor Edgar Ugal - UCCP Davao
3. Rev. Ryan C. Magpayo - UCCP Davao
4. Pastor Eller A. ORDEZA - United Methodist Davao
5. Rev. Jurie Jaime - UCCP Davao
6. Maria Concepcion Ibarra - teacher, SCLC
7. Jenevive Paraba - teacher, SCLC
8. Nerhaya Talledo - teacher, SCLC
9. Maricel Andagkit - teacher, SCLC
10. Marcial Rendon -teacher, SCLC
11. Ariel Ansan - teacher, SCLC
12. Mariane Aga - teacher, SCLC
13. Nerfa Awing - teacher, SCLC
14. Wingwing Dansay -teacher, SCLC
15. Jesus Modamo - staff, ACT
16. Maryro Poquita - staff, ACT